About Dr. Emily Foreman
It was Dr. Foreman’s father who inspired her career choice. As a dentist himself, he was committed to his practice, but also made time for his family. Spending time in his office growing up and working there as an assistant convinced Dr. Foreman that was the life she wanted. “I watched my father’s interaction with patients over the years, ” she said. “and admired the relationships he built up.”
After graduating summa cum laude from LSU in Baton Rouge, Dr. Foreman attended LSU School of Dentistry where she graduated in the top five of her class. During dental school, she received the Baldridge scholarship, the OKU scholarship, and was on the Dean’s list every semester. She also received awards for Excellence in Oral Medicine and the General Dentistry Award for Clinical Proficiency and Leadership.
Dr. Foreman returned to her hometown of Lafayette and has practiced general dentistry in this area since 2006. “I love helping people feel better about their smiles and enhancing their health,” Dr. Foreman said. “I feel that the health of a patient’s mouth is a strong indication of their overall health.” Because of that, she is passionate about providing patients with customized, quality care.
Learning the advancements in dental technology is a passion for Dr. Foreman. She enjoys working with everything from Invisalign to CEREC, and soft tissue lasers.
- Voted Times of Acadia “Best Dentist” several times.
- Baldridge Scholarship
- OKU Scholarship
- Excellence in Oral Medicine Award
- General Dentistry Award for Clinical Proficiency and Leadership
• The American Dental Association
• The Louisiana Dental Association
• The Acadiana District Dental Association
• The C. Edmund Kells Honor Society
• The Academy of General Dentistry and
• The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
• Acadiana Southern Society Dental Study Club
After work, Dr. Foreman stays busy with her husband Andrew and three children Leah, Drew, and Vivian. They love living in such a family-oriented community and enjoy the Cajun culture, great food, and local festivals.